During the past 12 months, I was fortunate to be able to complete the Advanced…
I was able to achieve a good customer outcome for a client seeking Fitout Finance for a new retail outlet.
Whilst the client was an experienced retailer, the finance was for a start-up outlet in a new shopping centre.
Fitout Finance for a new retail outlet - The challenge!
Fitout finance for a new retail outlet at times can be challenging, in this case:
- The business operated in a tough industry segment
- It was to be located in a new, unproven Shopping Centre
- The proposal involved sale and lease-back which is not favoured for this type of finance
- The Fitout involved multiple suppliers
- 100% financing was required
The Bankers Position
The client had approached their bankers for the finance however they were only prepared to:
- Fund 50% of the project cost
- Provide a 3-year payback period
- Finance on the basis of no residual
- Assist if supporting freehold security was provided
The pathway to a Good Customer Outcome
After reviewing the applicant’s circumstances and given their track record, I felt it should be possible to obtain the finance they were seeking, so I:
- Workshopped the proposal with our team. An outcome of this was to offer a caveat over property instead of a mortgage in exchange for a 4-year term and to provide Lenders with additional comfort
- Prepared a detailed Finance Proposal – which included analysis of Financial Projections provided by their Accountant for the new venture
- Approached our panel of Fitout Specialist Lenders
Fitout Finance for a new retail outlet - Good Customer Outcome Achieved
In business it is important to always have options or a fall-back position, particularly when it comes to finance.
Fitout Finance is specialised and because of its complexity, it is not favoured by some of the Banks.
The keys to success were:
- The ability to work with my team to find a solution aligned to the customer needs
- Persistence, and sourcing Fitout Financing Lenders prepared to; lease-back, finance 100% of the costs and include a soft cost component
- Organisation and attention to detail to deliver the client a quality experience
If you are considering Fitout Finance for a retail outlet download our FREE Fitout Finance Handbook.
If you would like to understand the options available, don’t hesitate to give me a call on 0433 210 353
Highly experienced Equipment and Motor Vehicle Finance Specialist. I love working with my clients and helping them navigate the complex world of equipment and motor vehicle finance.
Sharon Piening is a credit representative (474698) of BLSSA Pty Ltd ACN 117 651 760 (Australian Credit Licence 391237)
A partner of an established Professional Services firm was seeking property development finance for a…
Providing Lenders and Brokers work together, the Broker involvement should not necessarily result in refinancing…